Sports and Remedial massage reduces the strain and discomfort caused by sports training or participation, and encourages the body to heal and repair any injuries sustained. The Lloyd’s Wellbeing Centre is an established clinic located near Leadenhall Market, in the Lloyd’s Building, EC3.
Sports / Remedial therapeutic massage is effective in its own right, as well as in conjunction with osteopathy treatment depending on the issue(s) being dealt with. We aim to treat any pain, discomfort & injuries, and have you fully functioning as quickly as possible and back to doing the things you love. Sports Massage is not just for athletes & sports people, anyone can benefit from a sports massage! The techniques used are widely beneficial for every day aches and pains.
The Lloyd’s Wellbeing Centre is conveniently located on Lime Street near to Lloyd’s and The Gerkin. The majority of our clients work in the City of London around Lime Street, Leadenhall Street, Bishopsgate, Lombard Street, The Royal Exchange and the Bank of England.
The benefits of Sports / Remedial massage
- Improved tissue permeability which allows for a greater flow or oxygen-rich and nutrient-rich blood to reach cells quickly. This also allows for waste products, such as lactic acid, to be efficiently removed.
- Breakdown of scar tissue leading to faster injury recovery.
- Increased flexibility as massage stretches the muscles and surrounding soft tissue.
- Improved circulation which also helps to aid injury recovery.
- Pain relief and reduction in muscle tension.
- Psychological benefits such as stress reduction, feelings of renewed energy, etc.
Sports Massage is ideal for:
- General muscular tension
- Reviving stressed and/or tired muscles
- Preparation for a sports event (or as part of your ‘cool down’ afterwards)
- Improving your range of movement and flexibility
- Treatment in conjunction with Osteopathy
Sports / Remedial Massage and training
Remedial Massage is beneficial prior a sporting event such as running a marathon, competing in a triathlon, taking part in a cycling event, as well as football, tennis and rugby – in fact, the majority of physical sports.
Is Sports Massage painful?
It is a common misconception that sports or deep tissue massage has to be painful! The main aim is to aid recovery and give relief to overworked muscles, and although the massage therapist may sometimes find trigger points that are uncomfortable, they will always work with you to make sure you get the full benefit from the session while minimising any discomfort that you might feel.
Sports Massage prices
We offer Sports Massage treatment for 30 mins (£40), 45 mins (£55), 60 mins (£70) or £90 minutes (£105). Call our clinic on 020 7327 5341 to book or make an appointment online.
Visit our clinic for a Sports Massage near Leadenhall Market, EC3
The Lloyd’s Wellbeing Centre does more than just massage though!
We have a team of osteopaths and physiotherapists providing expert physical therapy treatment for a wide variety of conditions such as back pain, neck & shoulder pain, and sports related injuries. In addition we provide Acupuncture, Podiatry, Nail treatment and Nutritional assessment and advice.
The Lloyd’s Wellbeing Centre massage team consists of three therapists specialising in Relaxing/Holistic massage, Indian Head, Ayurvedic (with oil), Aromatic (with scented essential oils), and Sports / Remedial massage.
How to Book
You can call us on 020 7327 5341 or make a booking online. Our clinic is open Monday to Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.