We offer Traditional Acupuncture and Cosmetic Facial Acupuncture
- Traditional Acupuncture is based on ancient principles which go back nearly two thousand years. It is a gentle and effective treatment that focuses on the whole person, aiming to improve your entire health, wellbeing and restore the body’s equilibrium. Read more…
- Cosmetic Facial Acupuncture is a totally natural and holistic anti-ageing treatment that aims to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. It does this by stimulating the skin’s self-repairing and healing mechanisms. Read more…
Traditional Acupuncture works to help maintain your body’s equilibrium. It involves the insertion of very fine needles into specific points on the body to regulate the flow of qi, your body’s vital energy. For a number of lifestyle and environmental reasons, qi can become disturbed, depleted or blocked, which can result in some symptoms of pain and illness.
In certain instances, traditional acupuncture can be an effective therapy to help restore balance and promote physical and emotional harmony.
What are the benefits of traditional acupuncture?
A growing body of evidence-based clinical research is discovering how the body responds to acupuncture and its benefits for a wide range of common health conditions.
Watch an introductory video by Tess Lugos, our traditional acupuncturist.
Many people have acupuncture to relieve specific aches and pains, such as osteoarthritis of the knee, TMJ, headaches and low back pain, or for common health problems like an overactive bladder. Others choose acupuncture when they can feel their bodily functions are out of balance, but there is no obvious diagnosis. Many have regular treatments for health maintenance, especially during the change of seasons.
Cosmetic Facial Acupuncture – New for 2017!
Cosmetic Acupuncture uses traditional Chinese medicine theory and techniques to enhance wellbeing and promote a reduction in the signs of ageing.
Extremely fine needles are used on specific points on the face, forehead, ears and neck to create micro-punctures in the skin surface. As a consequence, the repair process stimulates numerous growth and healing factors that increase blood flow, encourage cellular waste disposal, and stimulate the deposition of new collagen under the surface of the skin.
What are the benefits of cosmetic facial acupuncture?
- Softens the appearance of wrinkles and lines.
- Reduces the appearance of bags and scars.
- Hydrates and nourishes the skin.
- Improves skin elasticity and skin tone.
- Safe and natural alternative to Botox.
Cosmetic Acupuncture stimulates several crucial healing mechanisms: increased oxygen flow, improved circulation to nourish the skin & accelerate removal of cellular waste, and production of new collagen and elastin. Increasing the levels of new collagen and elastin within the skin dramatically improves skin tone, elasticity and gives the skin an more youthful appearance. This treatment also works on lifting the face, particularly where the face begins to sag around the ‘jowls’ and the cheek area.
|Initial consultation with treatment (1 hour)||£70|
|Follow-on treatment – Traditional Acupuncture (45 mins)||£60|
|Cosmetic Facial Acupuncture|
|Initial consultation with treatment (1 hour)||£100|
|Follow-on treatment – Cosmetic Acupuncture (30 mins – includes needle work only)||£60|
|Follow-on treatment – Cosmetic Acupuncture (60 mins – includes needle work and face mask)||£100|
Make an acupuncture booking
- The Traditional Acupuncturist is available every Thursday and appointments can be booked on 020 7327 5341.
- The Cosmetic Acupuncturist is available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and can be booked online or on 020 7327 5341.